 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1089
1088  |  1090
Subject:
NQC and Fixed Point Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 04:40:31 GMT

My recent project, with NQC, has started to demand calculations with
fractional numbers.  In an effort to do this, I have quickly come to know
the sorted world of floating points, BCDs, 1 – 2 s complement etc.  I
realize the only way to go about all this is with Fixed Point Values, this
is my dilemma.

Does anyone know of any NQC libraries to handle fixed points that could be
included?  If not, I am just looking for a push in the right direction (no
free lunch), possibly an example of fixed point NQC code.  I have done all
the searching, including dusting off some old math books, all the Lugnet
discussions focus on alternative OSs I really want to stick with NQC.

Thanks in advance.