 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 106
  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

(...) Yes, you are correct - 11 bits total per byte. And yes, this is very non-standard. I believe the signal is inverted - meaning that IR light is present for "0" bits, and no light for "1" bits. But I'm going from memory here and haven't looked (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: decoding a message sent by an RCX

Dave wrote... (...) Remember, you can send arbitrary ASCII data using pbFORTH. For example, to send "Hello World" you just use... : HELLO ." Hello World" CR ; Or to identify your RCX, you could use something like... : WHOAMI ." I am RCX number " (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)