 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1013
Re: NQCEdit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:04:38 GMT

"Matthias Jetleb" <jetleb@netcom.ca> write:
that I want to point to your attention to: when you compile a program
NQCEdit automatically saves your source file. This is not stated anywhere
Actually, this is a GOOD thing. I've never seen a compiler that
doesn't save the source first. Compilers can occasionally do wierd and
not-so-wonderful things which may include full or partial system
crashes. Given this possibility, you WANT it to save your source file
first. It's better than having the system crash after a long debug
session only to find that your corrections are gone with the wind.

Hi Matthias,

yes I agree this is a good thing, if you want and know that it happens.
Actually most IDEs allow you to enable/disable the save-before-compile
option (that's usually disabled by default).
I mentioned this as a possible problem because many of us are used to RcxCC,
that does *not* save the source before compiling. But I agree this is not at
all a bad feature in itself.

Mario