 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 998
  no rule to make target Main.o

I just unzipped emulegos_unix.zip to my RedHat 6.x system. I typed: export RCX_SOURCE=ir-rover make and got: make: *** No rule to make target `Main.o', needed by 'ir-rover^M'. Stop. Anyone know what I failed to do? (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: no rule to make target Main.o

(...) Yep, You took a DOS format makefile. Unix uses \n for line ends, DOS \r\n. When unix sees the DOS form, it thinks you mean 'ir_rover^M' ^M, Ctrl-M is the unix way of expressing \r. To fix it, load the filee into vi. Type the following (...) (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)