 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1002
Re: no rule to make target Main.o
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:18:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Brian Alano writes:
I just unzipped emulegos_unix.zip to my RedHat 6.x system.
I typed:
   export RCX_SOURCE=ir-rover
   make

and got:
   make: *** No rule to make target `Main.o', needed by 'ir-rover^M'. Stop.

Anyone know what I failed to do?
Yep,
You took a DOS format makefile. Unix uses \n for line ends, DOS \r\n. When unix
sees the DOS form, it thinks you mean 'ir_rover^M' ^M, Ctrl-M is the unix way
of expressing \r.
To fix it, load the filee into vi. Type the following command...
:%s/^M$//

You must ype exactly what you see. The ^M is typed with the sequence Ctrl-v M
(Don't let go of Ctrl key when typing M)
Save results+exit with
:wq
File should process OK