 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 977
  Religious wars

I need to pick a Linux editor for legOS programming. emacs and vi suck big time. Anyone have a recommendation? It can not be X windows based as I have not been able to get my video card configured correctly. Under Windows, I prefer using UltraEdit. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Religious wars

(...) Use emacs. I don't care that you think it sucks ... you asked for religious wars. :-) Cheers, Ben. -- (URL) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Religious wars

Not emacs? And not X based? Oof. That's a tough one. My suggestions, in order. : 1) Fix your X configuration and run X and Xemacs. What card do you run? I may be able to help, or at least know where to point you. And, Xemacs has nice pull-down menus (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Religious wars

XEmacs is great AND despite what everyone thinks, you DO NOT NEED X to run it. It automatically knows whether to do terminal or X. Ram (...) (URL) for text editors. There aren't many out there that aren't X-based, since those people who prefer (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Religious wars

(...) Right, and in terminal mode it does still have some advantages over emacs. However, it loses the pulldown menus- which, for the newbie, are the primary advantage. -Luis (...) ---...--- "As an engineer, it's important to look yourself in the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Religious wars

(...) :s/emacs/vi/ Indeed, you asked for it ;) Eddie C. Dost ecd@skynet.be (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)