 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 916
Re: Another possible makefile change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:20:36 GMT

"Rossz Vámos-Wentworth" wrote:

Add this to makefile.common:

    OSTYPE := $(shell uname)

Later, when building the executible, we can reference the correct filename,
regardless of the OS:

{makefile in dll-src directory}

ifeq ($(OSTYPE),MS-DOS)
    EXT = .EXE
else
    EXT =
endif

great, Rossz, but i see one little problem here. I'm suspecting that
it's no good idea to include Makefile.common in the Makefile for
dll-src, because Makefile.common sets some standard Variables and rules
to values appropriate for cross compiling only. Perhaps we should put
the OSTYPE := $(shell uname) in Makefile.common and the dll-src Makefile
as well.

-- Martin