 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 902
Re: malloc() bug found -- BAD MEMORY REGION :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:54:33 GMT

Les Smithson wrote:

I'm afraid this made no difference for me. I still get dll crashes. My
particular symptom is that if I make a 1 line change to legOS then download it,
it crashes straight away at the next dll. Even if I undo the change, then
rebuild & download legOS, it still crashes. I have one working copy of
legOS.srec which I'm gaurding carefully!

the fix only helps for problems that arise when memory is nearly used
up, and malloc() tries to use memory above the 'macic' 0xfb80 limit.

- Just to make sure: (i have been caught in this trap) -- have you
rebuilt your dll application against the new legOS.lds after modifying
the kernel ?