 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 725
  Firmware startup bug?

Probably related to the garbage on the lcd that you get when turning off the RCX with a sensor active: if there is a light or rotation sensor or a pressed touch sensor connected to the RCX when you download firmware legOS will crash immediately (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware startup bug?

I have replaced my batteries without erasing the firware several times. The trick is replacing the batteries one at a time with the brick turned off. You have then several (10 or so) seconds between each replace. If you leave the brick switched on (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)