 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 650
Re: PRGM button - am I missing something?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 02:51:09 GMT

Ben Jackson schrieb:
From getopt(3) on BSD and other systems:

     When all options have been processed (i.e., up to the first
     non-option argument), getopt() returns -1.

However, from the Linux manpage:

       By default, getopt() permutes the contents of argv  as  it
       scans,  so  that eventually all the non-options are at the
       end.  Two other modes are also implemented.  If the  first
       character  of optstring is `+' or the environment variable
       POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, then option  processing  stops  as
       soon  as  a  non-option  argument  is encountered.

OK, I'll change the docs and examples, then. Too bad, I thought
position-independence very nifty indeed.

Markus.