 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 641
  useful battery program

Here's a short program to display the battery voltage. The get_battery_mv() interface might be useful in the kernel itself. Would it be appropriate for the kernel to turn on the low battery indicator as well? The A/D converter that the RCX uses to (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: useful battery program

Ben Jackson schrieb: (...) Yes, this is a good idea. The system timer handler will probably become a C routine, anyway, as it does so many things now. It might as well check for low battery power and display it. I was thinking about a configuration (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: useful battery program

(...) Yes, the current behavior of displaying the return address for the interrupt handler isn't very useful. :-) I was considering making it display battery voltage. It would be neat if some combination of VIEW and other buttons could be used to do (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: useful battery program

Ben Jackson schrieb: (...) Saved my life a couple of times, when LNP was locking up the system in an entirely incomprehensible way. (I'd really appreciate "Unreachable code" warnings sometimes... or maybe they scrolled away.) (...) How about this: a (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)