 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 62
Re: Idle process
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:20:19 GMT

Hi Lou,

I'm discussing datagram networking with Jacob Barrett currently. They
have some people working on it.

The idea is to provide 1 byte of address space, using a per-host
hostmask, just like TCP/IP uses per-net netmasks. A host with address
0x10 and hostmask 0xf0 would offer 16 ports, for example. Thus, we could
get by with this:

ID TO FROM LENGTH ..... CHECKSUM(16 or 8 bit? probably 16)

Tasks could register to receive messages from certain ports. But can
that replace suspend/resume? I think not.

--
Markus L. Noga noga@inrialpes.fr
Check out legOS! http://www.multimania.com/legos/