 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 592
Re: Problem with downloading large LX files in legOS (patch)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:17:19 GMT

Hi Frank,

I had a problem download relative large executables (around 6kb) onto
legOS. It seems that sometimes the acknowledgement is not coming
through. This happens at different times but mostly after 0x0A00 bytes.

Did you try changing end-of-packet timing? This may be due to ringing in
the receiver, or any sort of analogue issue. This may also be the reason
why LEGO is using complement bytes ;-)

The included patch adapts "program.c" so that these old packages are
acknowleged and the transmission will continue. With this patch, I now
can download these larger files in one go instead of retrying and
retrying... ;-)

Yes, this is what I meant to happen.

I also have a question regarding this part of the code: why is the data
copied to the original data space every time a package is received once
the data is present? The patch also fixes this, but I am not quite sure
if this is wanted.

That's definitely a prime example of clueless late-night programming.
I'm glad you found it.

Ciao,

Markus.

--