 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 55
RE: H8300 Stack and SLEEP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 14:26:06 GMT

Kekoa wrote:

<<snipped original description of problem>>

After talking with Ralph over the weekend, I suggested a test he might do
to figure out if port 5 bit 2 really does what he suggested it might.  I
don't think he did this test, so I fired up my RCX and hacked it together.

I verified that port 5 bit 2 does indeed appear to put the RAM in low-power
mode.

<<snipped description of tests>>

Once again, Kekoa goes the extra mile and proves what many of us are happy to
be merely confident about. Someday, I'd like to be reincarnated as a grad
student. Oh, I'm not complaining about my family, dog, mortgage, job, and so
on...and I'm not sure I'd trade it all for classes, thesis, indifferent profs,
Kraft dinner, and student accomodations..but once in a while I wish I could
just go and do my Master's degree in EE.

Thanks Kekoa....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>