 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 505
Re: Problem with asm statement in loader.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:12:09 GMT

Hi Klaus, you wrote:

... and defined O_ASYNC to
FASYNC as described in an older message from markus.

hmm, i did not have to do that

actually, the error-output is the same as before, but without the "undefined
O_ASYNC" statement.

just looked at your original posting and saw you are using glibc-1 -- i
guess that's making the difference. In glibc-2.0 headers, O_ASYNC is
defined to be 0x20000, and FASYNC is defined as O_ASYNC.
Interestingly, the kernel sources do not define O_ASYNC, only FASYNC is
defined (as 0x20000, of course).

I dont have glibc-1.x at hand to compile against. If you sent me the
error message, i could try to guess what's wrong, but without the
glibc-1 headers installed on my machine i doubt that this will help.
Have you thought about upgrading to glibc-2.1? I think this is the
version Markus uses, and i'm planning to upgrade my box as soon as i get
hands on the upcoming SuSE-6.3 (hopefully next week). More and more
binaries are available only for glibc-2.1, so i think there is some
evidence to go through this somewhat boring procedure once again. -- i
really wish the LSB project will be successfull and widely accepted,
making troubles like this occur not that often.

bye, Martin