 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 405
Re: H8 tools problems on Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 20:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Vlad Dumitrescu writes:
Hi all!

The H8 tools on Linux won't work for me - it's Linux 5.2 and the C compiler
complains
about "null char when parsing input" for anything else than a comment... I
tried with both
the old and new tools form the legOS site.... any ideas?

Vlad-
First off, I'd suggest building your own tools, instead of downloading the
pre-built tools (which, like anything pre-built, tends to work only on systems
very similar to the original builder's.) There are pretty clear directions (I
think) in my HOWTO, at

http://arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu/legos/HOWTO/

Unfortunately, this requires a lot of bandwidth (to get source), but if you
have it, you should use it.

Regardless of whether or not you do that, check your Makefile- you may have the
wrong setup there, leading to problems reading the file. If you are using
0.2.0a, I'm afraid I can't help you yet with the details here, but I'd make
sure the path and program name are correct.

Finally, Matt is right- if you have the money/bandwidth/friends with CDs (pick
one) you should upgrade the rest of your system as well. While it sounds like
your problem is not related to this, it wouldn't surprise me if that is the
case.

Good luck- you've certainly come to the right place for help :)
-Luis