 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3885
3884  |  3886
Subject:
Simulink Target Questions; Your thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:39:11 GMT

Dear BrickOS Users

I am in the (very slow) process of writing a new Embedded Target for Matlab
Simulink : which will compile the MDL files for use on RCX using BrickOS.

The old version written by Mathworks was called ECROBOT and only released for
Matlab R13 (6.5.1). For MatlabR14 SP2 there have been quite a few changes in the
realtime code generation process; and LegOS changed to BrickOS etc and there are
new versions of Gnu C / Binutils etc. The hardcoded ECRobot is thus a little out
of date.

Before starting a new development which will be easier to manage (I hope) I need
to decide on a new 'name' for the Target; and other 'conventions'. I would
therefore really like some feedback (either to lugnet or direct email) /
thoughts and ideas.

NAME
====
RCX (is this copyrighted by Lego?)
BrickOS (this will get confusing with multiple BrickOS / Simulink versions)
BrickOS_Tgt (a bit long winded but more relevant)
H8-RCX (a bit more descriptive etc)
Other ideas:_________________

Also:
Any future target will need to be able to support the different flavours of
* BrickOS - Linux / PC; version 0.2.6... 0.9.x; etc
* GNU C - Linux / PC; version 3.0.3... 3.5.x; etc
* BinUtils - Linux / PC; versions 2.xxx

Will there be a 'general' installation script (as now) or a more natural
user-interface?

Will the naming conventions of BrickOS change for the final releases?

Many thanks,

Marc Lawrence