 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3876
3875  |  3877
Subject:
BrickOS 0.9.0 -- Debian "sarge" works...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 03:51:43 GMT

  Well, wouldn't you know, on the very next dist-upgrade
after I posted that brickOS 0.9.0 was still in "unstable"
on Debian, it materialized in "testing".  My laziness
was undone!

  Anyways, I compiled the examples in the Debian-packaged
demo directory, and "hello world" works just fine in
whatever slot I choose to put it in.

  The only real wrinkle was that the "legousbtower"
capability in the 2.6.10 kernel doesn't appear in the
config menu unless you select "include experimental
drivers" at the top of the menu hierarchy.  This was
another one of those hitches that's just embarassing
after you figure it out...

  I haven't tried anything really advanced on either
system yet, but the fundamentals seem to be in place,
meaning that the brickOS kernel and the programs all
can be loaded and run.

                                -- A.
--
Andrew Reid