 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3852
Re: Wire communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:35:35 GMT

A few questions and another answer:
I don’t have my nqc ref to hand, but does the one external output on the cybermaster support float?

I also have the suspicion that a more efficient (fewer ports tied up) solution might be achieved by wiring two sensor ports, and alternating between passive and active- though this may require a bit of sneaky electronics midstream in the wire.

I seem to remember that the cybermaster didn't support active sensors though. Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

The reason the motor output is more complex is that they use PWM. Take a look at http://orionrobots.co.uk/tiki-index.php?page=pwm  for a more detailed explanation.

Danny
-=-
http://orionrobots.co.uk - inspiring creativity and building robot communities
-----Original Message-----
From: "Steve Hassenplug"<Steve@TeamHassenplug.org>
I am currently trying to implement a communication protocol between two bricks
using just one of the  copper wire given with the brick. • <snip>
But it seems that when you turn on the motor, it does not generate a continuous
signal but something more complicated.
How could i get a continuous signal on this output plug ?

I think all you really need to do is switch the motor port between "float" and
"brake".  That's the same as opening and closing a touch sensor.