 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3851
Re: brickOS port to FreeBSD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:26:45 GMT

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 16:39, John Hay wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking at porting brickOS to FreeBSD. I guess the first step is to get the
crosscompiler etc. going. Which version of gcc and binutils is the best to use?

I think the latest official gcc-binaries for brickOS are still 2.95.x.

However, I have binutils-2.15 and gcc-3.4.0 running under linux and had only minor
problems.  Make sure you compile gcc without the stdc++ libraries or just ignore
the errors.  I think there was one bug in the binutils-Makefile that was easy to
fix (missing -I($srcdir) option for syslex.o in binutils/binutils/Makefile).

In that case you should apply my gcc-3.3 patch, which fixes some bugs and
warnings in brickOS that the new gcc/binutils complain about. You can find it at
   http://hoenicke.ath.cx/rcx/brickOS/
Most changes in this patch are related to the new binutils not gcc, though.

Regards,
  Jochen