 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 38
Re: Anyone building a Java VM base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:19:47 GMT

Yep, I am planning to implement a JVM for RCX, as I have a lot of knowledge on
JavaCard (java running on smartcards) I am going to pursue something along the
same lines, that is split classloading/verifying/resolving away from the
executing device (that is done at the workstation dowloading the classes to the
RCX), and I will also limit the JVM capabilities like it is done with JavaCard
here is an excerpt:

largest numeric value is 16bit (java short).
no garbage collection.
only one dimensional arrays
no strings

Regards