 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3534
3533  |  3535
Subject:
Complete instructions for Linux?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:35:39 GMT

Is there a complete instruction for installing BrickOS on Linux? I'm
particularly interested in details involving creating a cross-compiler
and getting the USB tower to work.

I've looked at the windows instructions, and have tried to work from
them, but have had no success.

For example, the windows instructions includes patches. Do we need to
patch non-windows compliers (looking at the patch file, I'd assume we
do)? The patches don't work on later versions of GCC (I tried to make
the changes by hand, but got stuck about half way through). So, are we
required to use GCC 2.95?  Seems like when I made a non-patched 3.3
cross compiler, it wouldn't compile the C++ demos. My non-patched 2.95
does compile all of BrickOS without error--but I'm worried about not
having the patches.

Followed what I thought were the correct instructions for the USB
tower, but it's not working.

-Rich-