 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3523
Re: Help w/install _or_ It all went so well
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:31:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Wes Matchett wrote:
_warning_ I'm new to BrickOS, so be patient.
I've just attempted to install using the instructions at
http://brickos.sourceforge.net/docs/INSTALL-cygwin.html
Everything went fine until step 4 command './configure; make'

Did you consider using my all-in-one pre-built installers?

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCSetupCygwin.exe

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCbrickOSleJOS.exe

These work well with XP & W2K (and presumably Win2003).  There are problems with
earlier OS versions.

I've had several people tell me that using these pre-built installers was much
easier than following the INSTALL-cygwin.html instructions on the brickOS
website.

John Hansen