 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3463
Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:12:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael Purvis wrote:

<snipped some, added some filler>

Two problems. Firstly, BrixCC needs to be restarted to compile 'new' code. Is
there a way to correct this problem?

Also, I'm having trouble setting up a linked list in BrickOS. The final
application is an AI tree (eventually with alpha-beta pruning). I've done this
sort of project before in Pascal, but the dud code below isn't compiling, so I
just wanted to check that brickOS classes/structs can contain pointers to
themselves. (and that I'm not just making some stupid syntaxual error)

#include <conio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <dsound.h>

class Node
{
public:
Node( void *_pData )
{
pData = _pData;

In order for the above to work....

pNext = NULL;
} // end constructor

Node *Next() { return( pNext ); }
void SetNext( Node *pNode ) { pNext = pNode; }
//void *Data() { return( pData ); }

private:
//void *pData;

wouldn't the above need to be uncommented ??? I am not seeing where else you
declared pData... but I could be wrong.

Node *pNext;
}; // end Node

class list
{

private:
    Node *p_head
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  cputs("c4");
  return 0;
}

The actual errors are really bizarre stuff like parser problems on 'class Node'