 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 341
Re: legOS and Markus in Forbes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:26:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, "Luis Villa" <liv@duke.edu> writes:

Check it out here- brief, and unfortunately no URLs, but...

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/99/0809/6403122a.htm

  Shucks, I wanted to be the first with the news.  :-(
(I guess I should have posted, instead of going to lunch! ;-)

  But there *IS* a URL...they just didn't put http:// in front
of it, so your browser may have missed it. They mentioned
Markus' site (http://www.multimania.com/legos) in that same
paragraph. (They mention Kekoa Proudfoot (Stanford & Harvey
Mudd) in the article as well. :-)

  The article also applaudes the LEGO Companies decisions to
apply restraint in the matter, citing this as a good example
of business in the era of the worldwide web.

  Oddly enough, the article is dates August 9, 1999, in the
Technology section. It's mainly about Mindstorms, and how
the RCX was reverse-engineerd on the web, and how LEGO hasn't
sued the folks sharing the info about the internals.

    -Z-   (normally a Train dude, http://baylug.org/zonker/)