 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 312
311  |  313
Subject:
is IR considered broken?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:19:05 GMT

The precompiled tm-and-ir, kinda works for me.  It is pretty good at
receiving data, but the transmitted message often has garbage.  When I
compile it myself using the latest legOS snapshot, it always transmits
garbage, others seem to have seen the same thing.   I've written some
very simple programs which use IR, and they seem to lock up as soon as
an IR function is called.

Some questions I have:

1. Was it ever considered to be working (stable)?  What was the last
working version?
2. Is it considered to be broken under the current snapshot?
3. If it is broken is anyone actively working on fixing it?  If not I'll
take a stab at it.
4. If others have working code that uses IR, can you post it?

thanks,

Mark Falco