 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2814
  binutils 2.12 is the last one to work Re: was compile error (was link error with binutils 2.13)

i did a binary search on binutils versions, compiling and installing each one to see which one was the last one to work, and the transition from 2.12 to 2.12.1 is the killer. The symbolsrec format seems to change between 2.12 and 2.12.1, so the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: binutils 2.12 is the last one to work Re: was compile error (was link error with binutils 2.13)

(...) You are right. I have the 2.12.1 rpm in my package folder and assumend that it is the one I use. But asking ld for it's version resulted in 2.12. One way ist to stay with 2.12, a second way is to change makelx so it could handle the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: binutils 2.12 is the last one to work

(...) yes, that's possible, but isn't the symbolsrec format a bit of a standard, indicating that the 2.12.1 version is just buggy? Also, it doesn't help with 2.13 since that one doesn't even get to produce any code. alejandro (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)