 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2692
Re: HOWTO Demo.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:52:18 GMT

If I understand this correctly (which I doubt) each task you start, has a higher priority, and they all have a higher priority than the 'task_swapper' task.

Try setting all the priorities the same.  Like to 1.  See what that does.

pid1=execi(&task_swapper, 0, NULL,PRIORITY, DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shehryar Shaheen" <shehryar.shaheen@ul.ie>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:41:12 GMT
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: HOWTO Demo.c

The code I have taken out of HOWTO.ps
http://legos.sourceforge.net/HOWTO/HOWTO.ps

it's given at the end of the document under the name Demo.c

I have fixed some compile time errors (like mismatching process ids in the
kill call,
the function for getting button state is dbutton() and not button_state()
and
have replaced the RUN_BUTTON in the example to VIEW_BUTTON)
rest of the code is the same.

I am using legos-0.2.6

The task_swapper() task is started as follows

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
pid1=execi(&task_swapper, 0, NULL, 1, DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);
}

Following is the motor driver task

/*
the motor example:
the first while loop does a simple linear speed increase
the second while loop puts the bot into a spin
the final two statements demonstrate brake and offuse
your fingers to test the difference between the two.
the whole thing loops until VIEW is pushed (see task_swapper() for control
of this)
*/

void motor_driver()
{
int rover_speed;
while(1)
{
rover_speed=0; /*realign here, otherwise you start at a negative value*/

/*speeds up the bot in linear fashion- watch out!*/

while(rover_speed <  MAX_SPEED)
{
motor_a_speed(rover_speed);
motor_c_speed(rover_speed);
lcd_int(rover_speed);
motor_a_dir(fwd);
motor_c_dir(fwd);
msleep(500); /*adjust here if you need a finer differentiation*/
rover_speed+=20;
}

/*slows down the bot in linear fashion*/

while(rover_speed>=0)
{
motor_a_speed(rover_speed);
motor_c_speed(rover_speed);
lcd_int(rover_speed);
motor_a_dir(fwd);
motor_c_dir(rev);
msleep(500); /*adjust here if you need a finer differentiation*/
rover_speed-=10;
}

/*test the brake state with your fingers*/

cputs("brake");
motor_a_speed(brake);
motor_c_speed(brake);
sleep(3);

/*test the off state with your fingers*/

cputs("off");
motor_a_speed(off);
motor_c_speed(off);
sleep(3);