 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2612
  Re: bug in setting lnp host address?

You are correct in stating that I shouldn't have restricted you to 16 nodes X 16 ports. I did however, want to normalize the host address in the visible API and user interfaces to be a small 0..N number instead of a random hex byte value, properly (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug in setting lnp host address?

you'll probably hate me for being a nitpicker.... (...) technically, you should not do any bitshifting at all. There is always the odd case when someone decides to be clever and have a hostmask with interleaved zeros. for example, a hostmask of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug in setting lnp host address?

And, you'll probably hate my reply... "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should." The very idea of a discontinuous array of bits representing a network address in something as rudimentary as LNP makes my hair stand on end. The idea (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problem using emulegos

hi all, im having problem using emulegos 1.2.5.0 with legOS 0.2.4 i have used legOS 0.2.4 for over 1 year now withouth any problems (including lnp), but for some reason when i type make in ~/hovedfag/emulegos/...ples/rover i get: makefile:8: (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem using emulegos

First off what OS are your running on? I do all emuLegOS development under Linux (Mandrake 8.1, not that it should matter), so if you are on any other platform you may run into issues. Of course emuLegOS should work on just about any Unix as long as (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)