 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 254
  IR questions

This is a whole bunch of IR questions, which come from my first serious fooling around with the IR. Since some of these are legOS or Linux specific, I've cross-posted- I hope no one is too offended. 1) Despite putting the bot in an infinite while (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR questions

(...) Only transmitting keeps the tower alive, at least according to my tests. If absolutely necessary, an occasional 0xff sent by the PC will keep the tower alive; this will result in only a start bit being sent, which ought to occupy very little (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)