 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2538
Re: Converting a float to an integer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 16:11:20 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael Marklew writes:
Hopefully this isnt a silly question. Does anyone know how to covert a float
to an integer? It doesn't appear that the function atoi exists.

Michael.

float f = 1.4;
int   i = (int)((i >= 0) ? i + 0.5 : i - 0.5);

OR

if (f >= 0)
    i = (int)(i + 0.5);
else
    i = (int)(i - 0.5);

This is assuming you want to round to the nearest integer.

Just curious, where are you getting the ascii strings that you need to
convert to int's?  Does legOS support standard I/O?  If so, what is stdin
and stdout?  Are files supported, and if so were do the files reside?

Good Luck,

Dean Hystad