 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2421
Re: "Want to get started with legOS" needs help again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:27:53 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Russell Newman writes:
I have followed all the stuff on the webpages but when I click a Cygwin B20
in the start menu it says

bash.exe: warning:-coukd not find /tmp. please create!
BASH.EXE-2.02$

what does this mean and how do I fix it

It means very little.  The first time you run Cygwin, it complains about the
missing tmp directory.  In order to get around this, create a directory
'tmp' from within Cygwin's bash shell using the command: mkdir /tmp

This will get rid of that problem and you can get on with your life :)

If you don't already have it, "Extreme Mindstorms: An Advanced Guide to LEGO
Mindstorms" is the best resource for legOS (among other things and only
costs $29.95). It covers installing Cygwin & legOS, making and downloading
the legOS firmware, compiling and downloading programs, as well as a pretty
thorough description of the functions and their usage.

Good luck and enjoy your newly discovered powers!!