 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2297
2296  |  2298
Subject:
maths libraries and LPS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:42:45 GMT

I am new to this newsgroup, so I hope I am not repeating
information - I cannot find the solution to this from a search.

I am porting a small maths library to the Lego brick at the moment (cos,
sin, tan, sinh, cosh, tanh, acos, asin, atan, sqrt, power(x,y), log10, loge,
exp).  Am I re-inventing the wheel ? Maths libraries are word encode
specific so could someone point me to the information on whether the
software encoded reals are bigendian or littlendian.  Are they 4 byte, are
the integers 2 or 4 bytes.  I know I should be able to find this information
from the source tree but I get very little access to my home PC with legOS
installed.

Please be patient if this is of interest as I am lucky to get even ½ an hour
per week and I prefer to building models.  I wrote the LPS last year and the
maths library has got as far as the PC with legOS installed and “compiles”.
I have yet to sort out the link libraries to generate a run time library for
the Hitachi H8/300 lego brick so I have probably just another PC library at
the moment.

best regards
Tom