 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2212
Re: Cygwin problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:23:31 GMT

Ben

I recommend you read the Howto from the sourceforge docs section, or even
better buy the
Extreme Mindstorms book (Extreme Mindstorms; D. Baum, M. Gasperi, R. Hempel,
L. Villa; Apress;
ISBN: 1893115844 ) . Both give a good explanation of legOS.

$ ./firmdl3 • ../boot/legos.srec
$ ./dll ../demo/helloworld.lx

Are u in the directory with these
tools in, or are they in your path?

Everything seems to work ok until here:
$ ./firmdl3 • ../boot/legos.srec
(What does this actually do?)

This should possibly be ../firmdl3
../boot/legos.srec, but you have to be in the legos directory. What error is
this actually
coming up with? What else do you see on the screen? This command is loading
the firmware into the
RCX.

Then i get a different problem each time i try it:
$ ./firmdl3
../boot/legos.srec

The first download was possibly corrupted. Try deleting the firmware
by holding down the holding down the Prgm key while hitting the On/Off key
and then running
firmdl3 again.

On a final note, can you tell me if i need to do the top 6 lines each time i
use
the program or just once?

Nope, just if you install a different version of legos. Normally,
write your code, "make mycode.lx" and finally (all being well) "dll mycode.lx".

Mike