 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2140
2139  |  2141
Subject:
where to buy individual parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:48:35 GMT

Hi,

My school currently has a robotics course that uses the RIS kits and LegOS.
We're trying to expand the size of our class, and consequently need
additional parts (and replacements for missing/broken parts)

I've looked around on the lego homepage and a couple other retail sites, but
am having trouble finding out where I can get individual parts.  If anybody
can help, that would be great.

These are the parts we're looking for and the quantities

Electric wire [8.5cm] (part #5041)  -  26
Electric wire [128cm] (part #5111)  -  1
Serial IR Tower  (part #??)  -  5
Serial cable for tower  -  6  (we can probably get these at a computer
store...)
Touch Sensor  (part #9757)  -  1
Light Sensor  (part #9758)  - 15  (these seem to be available via lego)

tank treads and wheels (part #??)  -  any package other than the TECHNIC
Wheel Pack  (part #5219)?  That pack has some of what we need, but also a
lot that we don't

We're looking specifically for serial IR towers because a lot of work is
done on Solaris machines, which have a 9-pin serial port but no USB port.
We ported LegOS to Solaris for this purpose.

-albert