 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 198
    Re: Lego Network Protocol questions —Mike Moran
   (...) Just to state my interests: I'm mainly interested in the protocol, eg what level of service it would provide etc. In particular, I'm interested in layering a higher level gauranteed delivery protocol atop whatever simple one is provided. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Network Protocol questions —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) I believe transmission and reception are independent, i.e. the emitter circuit is decoupled from the receiver circuit. The hardware on the H8 is full duplex. Once you finish sending a byte, I think you get two interrupts: one saying a byte has (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Network Protocol questions —Mike Moran
   In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Kekoa Proudfoot writes: [ ... ] (...) To this end, i've started work on a Discrete Event Simulator. The idea is to use this to see the effects of some of the things you mention above. Note that this is not an (...) (25 years ago, 21-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)