 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1879
Re: Floating ponts ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 07:21:37 GMT

Hi there!

float p;

p = 0.3;

if(p == 0.4)
   do something;

0th law of computer science:

  NEVER use == on floats; it simply doesn't work as expected.

In most cases a value cannot be exactly represented as a float
variable; so MOST comparisons for equality WILL fail.

(this is NOT an issue of legOS, it holds true for any language,
compiler, runtime, processor, ...)
(you may compare to 0 (zero); 0 is exactly represented as float)

bis die Tage...
  Mathias