 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1849
RE: LegOS scheduler questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:17:00 GMT

Folks,

This is my first day with Leogs. I just installed Legos,
compiled a program and have run it successfully. Haven't
got a chance to take a look at the kernel source.
I have the following questions and any response will
be greatly appreciated.

1. Is the time-slicing always on? I assume it is. If yes,
   can one turn it off without actually changing the kernel
   source.

2. What is the time-slice size? (10ms, 100ms ....)

3. How many threads Legos can support?

4. Can more than one thread have same priority with
   stable behavior?

5. Are wait_event(), RELEASED(), PRESSED() all these
   functions do busy-waiting? i.e. do they continuously
   monitor the relevant inputs without yielding the
   CPU to the scheduler. Or there is an interrupt type
   mechanism that wakes a thread up which is waiting on
   a wait_event() call.

Thanks,

- Subir

PS: please send a copy of the reply to my personal mail
    address as well.

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!