 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1813
Re: Assembly in my C-program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:25:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Athanasios Kostakos writes:
Actually I am trying to control a stepper motor. So when i need to send 50 • pulses
fast, motor on and off takes same time because there same other tasks running • at
the same time.
So it would be much quicker if I could just call motor speed (50), and Legos • would

perform the on off for me (as it does now, but not continuously -pwm).

Hmmmm. This should be possible, but it's a bit more tricky with stepper motors
- you have to allow for the speed-up and slow-down. Thus just calling
motor_speed(50) would have to initiate a task that starts with slow pulses
(rotating between the X stepper coils), gradually increasing till it reaches
the desired speed. Same with slowing down. And it gets really tricky when you
want to slow down before you've finished speeding up.

I was thinking of doing something similar with normal motors, to provide full
control of speeding up & slowing down, potentially for implementing RCX
"driven" trains. Haven't got around to it yet.

ROSCO