 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1594
Re: LNP and the LEGO remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 04:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rasmus Kjeldsen writes:

Luis previously wrote:

I'd actually really like to include Chris's patch in the official tree,
but I'm informed by folks with more clue about the networking stuff than
me that switching the parity bit would probably break some LNP stuff.

I think that a solution could be to run LNP in no-parity mode,
listen for a LEGO remote message header (55 ff 00 d2 2d), and then
switch to odd parity mode on the fly (no parity mode recieves the header ok),
receive the message, and when the message is received, switch back to no • parity
mode.

I've tried it, and it works fine for me, I switch to odd parity mode, when I
see the 0x55 byte. - I'm not using the patch Chris Arquiza have
made, just a little modification of the LNP code.

(One downside it has is ofcause that it kind of breaks the layer model, • because
the integrity layer accesses the hardware directly and not through
the logical layer.)

Any comments on that?

Hi Rasmus,

Do you have a patch for this? I'm working on a project for which I want to use
the remote, and it'd be nice if I could use legOS...

Thanks,

ROSCO