 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 159
Re: Linux Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 01:12:45 GMT

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Linc Smith wrote:

Thanks to Dave and Joel.  I looked quickly at those sites, and there are
just what I need.  I am off to have a closer look now.  I realized that
Linux isn't required to program with LegOS, but there are other programs I
am looking at using as well.

I seriously recommend Linux to anyone with a computer background- it has
been over a year since I've had anything (major!) other than Netscape
crash. Of course, it is a pain in the butt, and neither my roommate nor
my girlfriend are real happy about trying to learn it, but :-)

Excited about Luis' how to page too... got a busy night ahead.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank those who've already
commented... I've implemented several quick changes, and look forward to
implementing more as suggestions roll in and I have time to write major
additions (seeing as it is sort of sparse at the moment.) The first of
those (which I may have up tonight) is the inclusion of a "demo.c" with
references in the HOWTO to locations in that code. For now, demo.c will
only include light, touch, and motors, but by integrating the code and
the HOWTO (instead of haphazard references to simple-rover) I hope to
make it more usable.

Please keep reading and sending in suggestions-
Luis

"They call the faithful to their knees
to hear the softly spoken magic spell:"

"There's no place like home...