 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 147
146  |  148
Subject:
Linux Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:52:41 GMT

Here is a silly question, but you guys are the right ones to answer it...
compliment I think :)

I need to find a "What the hell is Linux" webpage.  I _think_ it is a OS
that is user developed, and is common on UNIX systems.  I run windows 98 and
want/need to explore setting up some sort of emulator or Linux OS
capabilities on my machine.  I have done some searches, but come up with a
lot of fodder.  I am hoping some one has done what I want to do, and still
has the book marks they used.  Any help is very appreciated.  What works
best for me is some simple directions to webpages (where I can explore on my
own).  Some short words of what Linux is would help too.  I don't want to
bog this newsgroup with Linux questions and help, but I know a lot of people
here are familiar with this OS, and it is somewhat related to LegOS.

Thanks
LINC