 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1549
1548  |  1550
Subject:
V2.0 will be out in Nov. 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:12:52 GMT

1. First of all, thanks for the replies guys.

2. To Peter;  I was told that version 2.0 will come available
     in November of 2001.  But get this, in the mean time, there will be
     absolutely no Robotics Invention Systems of any number available
     at all; 9719,9747, or other wise!
3. Sean; I was told there will be no v1.5 to v2.0 upgrade kit.
    And as far as the v1.0 to v1.5 upgrades go; they said they are running
    out of those fast.
4. Jurgen; if your into building, wait for the new v2.0, ( from what I
    understand, the new v2.0 won't be backward compatible, so you'll be
    screwed), but if your a collector, you'd better start grabbing what you
can.
5. I've already got plenty of sets to build with.  I decided to also get one
    of each set to make a collection; and that's where all this started.
I've
    already got one of each of the accessories, and all the side kits, (all
MISB
    and the boxes are in perfect shape).  I was also able to get a copy of
the
    v1.0 to v1.5 upgrade kit from S@H .   Want to talk about pure luck; I
was
    actually able  to get a copy of the original 9719 set, from a TRS store,
    and the box was still perfect!  What I mean by original is that when
they
    first produced the 9719, all it said on the cover of the box was
"Robotics
    Invention System".  Later they started making 9719 with "Robotics In-
    vention System" printed on the box, and "System 1.0" printed under
    that.
6. So now you know,( from obvious deduction), that what I still need is
    a 9719 with "System 1.0" printed on the box, and a copy of 9747.  If any
    body out there has a line on any of them, or know where I might get
them,
    (MISB and the box still in perfect shape), please let me know.  It will
be
    much appreciated.
7. Lego people are the best people!

Monte