 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 153
RE: Linux Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:27:41 GMT

Linux is a full blown Operating System, available with full source code. A
good place to start is http://www.linux.org

While legOS is built using the same tools that are used to build Linux (GNU
compiler and tools, etc.), I don't believe that you need to use Linux to
build legOS programs.

There was a post not too long ago, about an "updated Win32 toolchain". This
should contain all of the stuff that you need to create legOS applications
under Win32 (Windows 95/98/NT).

The link to the article is
http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos:122

The link contained in the article is
http://www.beesknees.freeserve.co.uk/lego/

I haven't yet used legOS myself, but plan on using at some point in the
future. I want to build a fuzzy logic inference engine, and RIS isn't
powerful enough to do this.

---
Dave Hylands               Email: DHylands@creo.com     3700 Gilmore Way
Principal Software Developer Tel: (604) 451-2700 x2329  Burnaby B.C.
Creo Products Inc.           Fax: (604) 437-9891        Canada V5G 4M1