 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1440
    Re: Memory Usage —Michael Ash
   (...) Ok, thanks. I'll try everything else first, then try this if I get desperate. The main thing I hit a wall with was when I switched to floating-point, which increased my .lx filesize by about 2k, so if I go back to fixed-point, turn sound off (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Memory Usage —Jakob Engblom
   (...) Having written a few embedded-systems compilers, I must say that using floating point on an 8-bit chip like the H8 is generally considered crazy. The values eat memory, and the libraries drawn in can get really large (at least for a production (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)