 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1345
1344  |  1346
Subject:
Desperate need for help with lnpd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:05:12 GMT

Hi!

I have mentioned before in this forum that I and two friends are working
on a six legged robot which is supposed to learn to walk using genetic
algorithms. We are now nearly finished and yesterday we finally managed to
program an IR protocol that works without any hickups.

Now we have one major problem ahead of us, which we have not been able to
solve. In order to find out how the population has evolved, we want to be
able to download the population data to the PC. I have installed lnpd but
I can't get it to work and run the demos. I have read the installation
notes but I am still lost.

One of the things I don't understand is the talk about a chip called
16550A. I have no idea what this is and if I have it or not. The only
thing I want to do is to make the RCX send info to the PC. I am running
legOS 0.2.4 on the RCX and Red Hat Linux 6.2 on my PC. Any help on getting
started with lnpd is appreciated.

Regards,
Tobias