 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1339
Re: Mindstorms firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 02:44:09 GMT

In article <FyMC8I.DLA@lugnet.com>, "Robert Denison"
<rmdenison@hotmail.com> wrote:

OK...  Really DUMB question but I have to give my borrowed RCX back and
buy my
own so I went to remove legOS from my mates RCX to give it back and guess
what...  it won't go!  :(

I usually just pull out a battery for a second.  Note that the RCX draws
very little power when turned off, and thus can retain memory for a
while even without any batteries (cacitance on the power supply rails
hold the RAM for a while).  A good work-around is just to make sure the
unit is turned on before you yank a battery, then it will be in a higher
power consuming mode and a second or two without batteries should be
sufficient to wipe memory.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com