 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1102
Re: GA in RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 10:53:03 GMT

I've pondered it, though not actually done anything. The things to
remember are that GAs need to do fitness testing, and the larger the
population that you can do fitness tests on the better.

Yes. Therefore you might want to use the truncation selection, which
allows you to have only 1 copy of the population at a time to save memory.
It worked for us, we have a small GA running inside of the RCX. We
evolved a program with simple instructions to make the robot go
in a maze and find an object... Anybody interested in more details,
write me an e-mail.

Pavel.