 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *1049 (-10)
  We need a FULL install of everything!

In response to your e-mail message: I realize it's *technically* better from a logistics standpoint to require people to download everything seperately, so they'll get the "absolute" latest version. However, I think that you have to give a little (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Windows HOWTO

I seem to have missed this message. :( If someone would like to do it, great, elsewise I may be doing something similar this weekend. Let me know, Rossz... Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to California with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there's (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO going down

Like I said later, they are all at (URL) bad in forgetting the ~louie earlier) Since it is nearly 100M at this point (including all the various compilers and such) I think we'll just leave it there, until I can move it to sourceforge (which'll (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Windows HOWTO

Why doesn't someone do all this, and put it all in a big ZIP file? Better yet, someone could make an "install" so it would be a big self-extracting EXE. Matt Rossz V$BaN(Bos-Wentworth wrote in message ... (...) you (...) preserves (...) (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Can't get Windows compiler!

Everything is now at (URL) for the dead links, but I had to move out of my dorm :( Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to California with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair." -Led (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO going down

I'll put them up on Maktos.com's server! Just e-mail them to me. I'll send you the link when they're uploaded. Matt Luis Villa wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Can't get Windows compiler!

The main LegOS site has some MAJOR dead links! Does anyone have a mirror I could use? I need the Windows version of the cross compiler, etc. A LOT of links were dead...probly because it was a university server, and they all go down for the summer. (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: local variables

(...) This is completely true and is basically a feature of the C language. Globals aren't technically "initialized" at all. They are just loaded as part of the image. You could consider that they are initialized at compile time. On a workstation OS (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp communication question

Remember the medium... cheap IR basically stinks for transmission. You get transients from the lights in your room, the outdoors, yadda, yadda. Luis (wishing for RF like the Europeans get ;) (...) ---...--- "Going to California with an aching in my (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: lnp communication question

(...) This suprises me. I have never heard of such high packet losses. How does dll do this? With some kind of ack and retry mechanism? dll seems reliable. Of course dll is going in the other direction. (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact