 Robotics / RCX / Java / 81
  Re: LVI install problems

Try setting the classpath to point to the place where the install class is. I have this problem a few times, and most of the time I can't get it to work. :-( Most of the time people just have to experiment as very few ever seem to report having this (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

(...) Well, that seemed to do something. It finds install.class, but I get the error message "Error creating .lvi directory" Thanks for your help! -- Steve (ps my Learning Java book arrives from amazon.com today, so I've got to get this working! :O (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

At least it runs. :-) That error means that for some reason install could not create the directory .lvi in your windows directory. Check to see if you are able to create a folder in the Windows directory by hand, as this just calls "standard" java (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LVI install problems

Had an error "C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1...1\Classes" is not a directory, but I just created a directory there and now it's working fine. Thanks!! (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)